The Stand… along
Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of insanity is holding this fantastic readalong and I only discovered it Sunday night. I used to be a big fan of Stephen King, and surprisingly never made it to The Stand. I haven’t read King in years, but The Stand is often mentioned as one of his best novels (if not the best). It is time for me to finally read it!
* * *
The Stand…along Basics:
What: Readalong of The Stand by Stephen King.
When: June 1st through July 27th.
Where: Sign up there - you’ll also find info about midway posts and dates!
How: However you want. Original (shorter) version, Uncut version, Audio version. Post on your blog or don’t. You don’t have to have a blog (but it does make it fun). Chitchat on Twitter.
* * *
Standalong Get to Know You :
1. What makes you want to read The Stand? What I said at the top of this post. Also, I watched the filmed version with a friends when I was about 13: we chitchatted all along and I barely remember it! I am much more excited to discover the written version.
2. Describe your preconceived notions of The Stand. Long (!!!!), but worth it.
3. What was the last scary(ish) book you read or movie you saw? I am currently reading Anna Dressed in Blood, it had a couple gory scenes so far!
4. Which version of the book will you be reading from? This uncut paperback version. It *only* has 1439 pages… :
5. What are you previous experiences with Stephen King? I read so many of them as a teen, but it must have been ten years since I actually read one!
6. Anything else you’d like to add (bonus points for being extra random). I like cake!
I’m really excited about this, and I can’t wait to start reading it. Is it cheating if I start now?
So, anyone else planning on joining this readalong? Or anyone has read it before and has some insights to share?